View Single Post
      07-18-2014, 03:26 PM   #52
tallshortguy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
I honestly thought it really needed no other elaboration, seriously. See the posts after mine, some guys understood the comment.

I'd maybe consider BMW's 3 series a luxury car if they didn't sell them as taxis and police cars... I was responding to Vigilante375 I guess.

I really was just trying to compare two cars, sport coupes, that weigh the same, but one has far better performance at the same price point. If a slightly better interior adds to the on-street/track performance in some fanboi's mind then so be it. if you want a performance car, is the interior build quality THAT important? I think it's the Roundel and an attempted justification for the extra bucks that go with it.

Peace.
You said that BMW doesn't know what an M car is despite them releasing a widely praised M car last month and don't elaborate on why the new M3/4 is not a real M car. None of those posters who agreed with you has told me why the new M3 is not a real M car either. That's what I would like some elaboration on.

No one has argued that luxury marques give you as much bang for your buck performance wise as American muscle. Of course the germans will charge you more, their luxury is more expensive than the koreans and americans who generally do luxury on par. Their performance is better and more refined but charge you almost twice as much for it. The point is many people consider the refinement of the entire package worth it despite the "badge tax", I think for many people who want performance cars the refinement and interior/amenity quality of the car is important given that very few people actually choose bare bones cars or have dedicated track cars. Sure, if you were only interested in performance the interior shouldn't be a big issue.
Appreciate 0