12-09-2023, 01:32 PM   #30
TheMidnightNarwhal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 11' 335is DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgoldenz View Post
Tax evasion is a crime punishable by prison time. Can you point me to the specific laws that say you’ll be charged with tax evasion if you register your car legally in another state under an entity such as an LLC?

From what I can find regarding the most strict states (CA and GA) the worst case scenario for someone is being charged taxes and fees/penalties if caught and pursued by the DMV. To my knowledge nobody has been arrested or imprisoned for using a Montana LLC, ever.

GEICO will cover cars registered under a Montana LLC, you just have to notify them that the car is registered in another state to an LLC in which you are the owner. Obviously you should do your research, consult a lawyer, and keep everything above board. This is all a legal gray area and I have read a few stories of people fighting their state and winning when the state tried to sue them for back taxes and fees when they got caught.

Surely nobody here has even done any speeding before. How dare you rob the state of their hard earned fines for your reckless driving of 75 in a 65 zone?
Lmao equating speeding to doing tax loopholes with no shame that's a good one.
Appreciate 2
Donatello.1098.00
chris7197354.50