View Single Post
      02-18-2013, 12:13 PM   #3
elwesso
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4 M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by breljohn View Post
It depends what you're looking for. The CTS-V is a cool car as well but to me, the quality is just not there. I was in the same boat as you but for my winter car. I bought a Jeep, sold it and got an X5.

It's just not the same feeling. American cars feel cheaper, look cheaper and TBH, the chassis of the M3 is so much better than the Cadi.

If you don't care about all that, get the Cadi, it will go fast for sure
I don't think a lot of those generalizations are correct, unless you have proof. I don't think the CTS-V chassis is at all inferior to the M3.

I think the build quality of the CTS-V is going to be as good as the M3.. The new CTS is a lot better than the 1st gen, although still many prefer the 1st gen. They're definitely different cars.

I had an 05 CTS-V before I bought my M coupe.. I also drove an 07 M5 before buying my coupe, and in terms of sports sedans, I prefer the CTS-V over the M5, even despite the CTS-V having less HP and arguably an inferior car overall.

The CTS-V is basically track ready right out of the box. The drivetrain is tried and true, and everything else is there.

The only part you might find slightly inferior is the interior. I thought the build quality was fantastic, definitely better than the 3 series although I've not sat in an M3 so there might be some differences there. In all fairness, I've seen some 7 series BMW interiors that were trashed compared to similar year GM cars that still looked great.

The CTS-V is M5 performance and practicality for M3 money. DO IT! American cars have a lot of stigma for poor quality of the 80s, 90's and early 2000s.. Anything fairly recent I think will change your opinion.
Appreciate 0