View Single Post
      01-01-2012, 10:58 AM   #17
E90SoFlo
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questforpower View Post
So let's use our head here for a second before protecting the golden child of the car world...

No one ever said the car isn't all its meant out to be. It is one of the most well engineered, well built cars that this planet has ever seen. The vehicle doesn't even compare to a GTR, it was fully designed in a laboratory and is hand built. Each one sells for over 1.6 million dollars and and costs a few million to build (according to top gear it costs more to make one than to sell one) even though this is a fact I don't believe purely based on logical business practices but that's beside the point. Subjectively, it is an incredibly ugly car... yes I've seen quite a few in Miami and an Enzo and even a 458 take a dump on it but that's mere personal opinion.

Now getting to the realistic side of things... The idea behind the Veyron was a very solid, incredibly well built vehicle that could go 260 miles an hour safely and in a stable manner. Now, ask yourself... how realistic is that? The answer is not at all... no one will drive this car even close to its top end limits and to me that is a waste. The vehicle's top speed has only been reached in one place on Earth and that is the VW proving grounds in Germany. On the German Autobahn (the fastest legal highway in the entire wold) it is very rare to hit speeds of 200 MPH or even a mile above that due to congestion and traffic. You know what's even funnier? A veyron has never been around the Nurgburgring nor is there any sort of record set by one... You know what's funnier than that? A veyron ss (the 1200 HP version beat a stock Nissan gtr by one second on the top gear test track) lol. At that point, a veyron becomes a much less attractive car... you say that u'd like to have a Veyron and so would everyone else but you would never be able to use it. This my friend is why the 1/4 mile is a much more realistic check of real world performance and if I may point out there are GTR's that will dust veyrons for less than 1/10th the price. Go check out the fact sheets on all Veyron owners and see their average age, how they drive their cars and if any of them have ever driven the car above 150 or even close... There was a guy in texas that drove one into a like at 50 MPH... that is your typical veyron owner.

Oh, and you say can't afford... You're right I can't and probably will never be able to afford a Veyron but I can afford a GTR (and that will be my next car) and an M3 at the same time (but I prefer to invest my money into modding the GTR)

This article may give you and I hope many others something to think about;

http://jalopnik.com/5449046/veyron-o...travel-cheaper

Yeah, like I said the car has almost no purpose other than bragging rights.
Have fun with your GT-R, Please leave the BMW forum now.

Actually, considering you really only care about how "usable" the car, the gt-r isn't for you, considering it will be broken 95% of the time.
Appreciate 0