View Single Post
      07-28-2012, 03:43 PM   #699
GoingTooFast
Banned
Rep
Drives: fat cars are still boats
Location: compensating a fat car with horsepower is like giving an alcoholic cocaine to sober him up.

Quote:
It’s amazing how many things were written about the BRZ/FRS twins, even before anyone ever drove the cars. Perhaps the dozen concept cars and years of speculation had something to do with it. Those speculations, hype, expert opinions, comparisons, test, track analysis, drifting y0!, all has been written about and discussed to death. Is there anything I could possibly add to this diarrhea of SEO keywords?

Yes, there is.
Quote:
The sporty suspension did an excellent job of absorbing all of the irregularities of these old roads. The ride is quite comfortable actually, much better than that of an Infiniti G37s coupe for instance; it does not beat you up.

(...)

Yes, a hundred more horsepower would make this vehicle amazing but I don’t know if it would make it more fun. The BRZ presents some degree of driving challenge to drive fast. Any idiot can get into a Nissan GT-R and become an instant hero, but in the BRZ one really needs to work. The old saying “I’d rather drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow” definitely applies here.
Quote:
I’m not going to beat around the bush – I liked this car. I really liked this car. If I had the need for a second car, and I was limited one sporty car, I would buy this, even brand new, overlooking some amazing, less expensive, used cars. It’s well priced, it’s functional, it’s sporty, and most importantly, it’s fun. Based on Subaru’s and Toyota’s history of reliability, this little car will likely take weekend autocross abuse and still happily drive me to work on Monday. It’s definetly safer and more reliable than anything used too.

Disclaimer: I got the opportunity to drive this car at a local media event. There were many other cars present but this and the new Porsche 911 were the only two cars I got to drive. If I may be so honest, those also happened to be the two cars I was most interested in driving. Subaru supplied the car and gas. I took a day off work and paid the tolls.

Very nice and well written review!

Appreciate 0