11-20-2014, 08:31 PM   #429
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianeck View Post
Oh my! Tony, looks like there are situations when the pressure at sea level may be greater then 20 atmospheres judging by the first picture that comes up here! I hope none of those people are wearing a watch hahahaha. . . Individual gravity could even become an issue in a situation like that!

And Tony as to your run in with the shark there is no shame in that of course.

Below are some particularly close encounters that I have had. . . The last one is a juvenile whale shark. From what I gather they are technically harmless, but the are also supposed to "steer clear of divers." That was probably the scariest moment of my entire life, the thing actually swam right at me and kissed me! Estimated at around 40 feet long
Red:
Yes, I am still chuckling at that post above. It wasn't a very polite thing for that other member to have said, but it damn was a funny thing to say.

Blue:
Awesome pics! I'm envious of your good fortune at having been able to get so close to those creatures.! I'm also envious of your photography skills. Very nice pics.

I immediately recognized the last critter as a whale shark. They don't eat meat, so that bodes pretty well for their comparative harmlessness. That said, I don't want to be the first human to find out if, were I to accidentally end up in one's mouth, it might swallow while I'm there. LOL Plus, 40 feet of fish, no matter how docile, can pack a wallop even if it isn't intending to do one harm.

FWIW, good sense tells me that just about anything in the ocean moving willfully and longer than four feet is probably something deserving a healthy degree of respect and "breathing room." LOL I don't care if it's solid like a fish or diaphanous like jellyfish tentacles.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0