09-04-2014, 08:23 PM   #32
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FwdFtl View Post
^ I hear from the inside that Chase bank is going to implement a similar device to handle most banking inside the branches. A virtual assistant. ATM 2.0 basically.

Also, a few Chilli's restaurant locations have implemented a digital menu that you can pay your bill from as well. It's beginning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011CrazE89 View Post
Yep! I went to Chili's last week and paid my bill via the digital menu. Also ordered a drink and extra fries by the push of a button.
Wawa.....

I loath the idea of this, but in application.... i like it a lot.

I walk into Wawa, one of 8 terminals are available for me to input my order. Takes me 15 seconds, i grab my order receipt, a drink, never am I more than 3rd person in line to pay. By the time i pay, my sandwich order is ready and i'm gone. Less than 5 min every time.

As a social being, i really don't like this. But with the numbers of either stupid or introverted people working in these positions anyway, this concept is growing on me.