01-20-2014, 10:37 AM   #34
Dymag
NC BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335is , 6 speed mt

Garage List
2013 BMW 335is  [8.00]
I have M3 control arms and Dinan Stage 2 suspension; my front drop is about 1/2 " also. My Rubbing is primarily during left turn, but moving forward going up a drive-way - when hitting that initial "bump"/shaved down curb. is there a vent on the driver's side as well for the additional radiator ?

Thanks, - Ray -

Quote:
Originally Posted by romanonj View Post
I had some rubbing with 19 x 8.5 and 35 offset with same size tire. It only happened in reverse and passenger side when the wheel is turned all the way to the left. It is the oil cooler vent that is causing it. Removing it is not advisable, since it protects the cooler from road debris, rocks will put a hole in it at high speed. You can try zip tie to keep things tighter as mentioned above, or I have better idea - M3 control arms!! They fix the issue by pushing the wheel out a bit. I am running BMW performance suspension with mild drop in the front (about 1/2 inch).
Cobb AP v3 - Wedge tuned, Cobb FMIC, AR catted DP's, Dinan Stage 2 suspension, Koni Yellows, M3 control arms and strut brace, BMS chargepipe, BMS OCC, BMS Sport Oil Cooler Valve, BMS CDV, RB Turbo PCV, aFe Stage 2 SI intake w/scoops
Appreciate 0