View Single Post
      01-15-2014, 09:17 AM   #19
3 Stripes
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 Alpine white F30

Thanks for the all the positive and negative feedback guys!

To add to my original post -
I am aiming for about 200k. I live about an hour away from chicago already and plan to stay here! You can get something really nice for 200k.

Here is an example:

As far as my "no money in the bank" statement - Income tax season is around the corner. Based on what I got last year and what my girlfriend has in the bank - We can put 10% down on 200k. Not much - But our real estate broker said it would be enough. Since our real estate broker is family - she will be giving us the money she makes if a sale is struck. That can then go back in to the original down payment.

Even with that being said - I still have 65k of loans under my name. Not sure how the bank feels about that. All i have to show is my Credit score and that i can keep up with the payments (even without my gf) with my current salary.

I know i'm young and can still wait for a home. Say i wait another 5 years until i have my car paid off and 3 years left on my school loans. The housing market will likely be back up - And this 200k house can potentially go upwards of 250k. Here is a pricing chart for the house mentioned above:

I will have to borrow more from a bank - but will have less loans to my name. Keeping the fact that it has the potential to move up to 250k - I will profit even more because the value of my property will go up and will have 5 years of payments - as well as having paid off my car and 3 years left on my school loans. The bank will have to lend me roughly the same amount (with or without waiting) at the end of the day don't you think?

Last edited by 3 Stripes; 01-15-2014 at 10:21 AM..
Appreciate 0