View Single Post
      04-20-2008, 11:56 PM   #33
Pimp Star
Captain
Rep
Drives: E39 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Yes, well the OP's dad is considering spending 10 grand on a pair of "brakes" you see...which is quite different. And given everything I've read about the ceramic composite brakes, almost well worth it. Especially since if you're spending that kind of money anyways, what's another 10K? And if his dad is tracking, probably a good investment in the long run.

Go for the 997 turbo!!
My dad does go to the track fairly often (I'd say twice a month was about right) and they are just so much better. Never fade, no dust, don't overheat (his friend had that problem on an AMG). Plus, it helps resale value and the yellow caliper means some thing's got to be up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetblk328i View Post
how about the S6? its nice and fast, sporty, yet still luxurious and practical.
You mean RS6? My dad's price range is $100-$200,000. By fast, he and I mean low 4 to mid 3 second times 0-60.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyBimmerDude View Post
Get the R8 V12TT diesel then. The Porsche is awesome, but how rare would it be to own a R8?
That's just a concept, and it looks gross. Way too many fins, slots, and that spoiler is rice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
With the 911 facelift coming, I would either wait or pick up an R8.
Thanks for the info, and it definitely looks like Turbo or R8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary Agent View Post
Have dad take the R8 for an afternoon of hard driving, then have him sleep on it. RAW performance from the turbo will exceed the R8, but comfort and day to day drive ability, the R8 is the car to get. Not to mention there are 1,000s of Porche Turbos on the streets of CA, how many R8's do you see on a daily basis?
Exactly. AMG's, M's, and P-Cars run in flocks in Southern California. Something like an R8 or a GT2 would be rare and epic.

My dad is going to schedule a test drive for the R8, since he's already driven the Porsche. The comparison needs to be fair.
Appreciate 0