View Single Post
      04-12-2014, 02:19 AM   #25
Xyruss
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 monaco blue 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by x6Hawkeye View Post
You really can't go wrong with either. I graduated ME, then went for an MBA a bit later. The big money is not in engineering, but the non-traditional engineering careers that could follow.

I'm on the board for the College of Engineering at U of Iowa and have hired a lot of engineers into roles from project engineering, design engineering, operations and sales.

It's a versatile degree and proves you have problem solving capabilities - which future employers fully appreciate. Combine this with business savvy and a personality and you have a very bright future.
Yea i havent look much into how the process of attaining an MBA after my degree works, but i have heard that is a great route to go. Were you still working while you worked towards your masters? I hear that depending on who you work for, the company might even pay for you to go for your MBA.

I guess at the end of the day i should just choose the discipline that I want to most expand my knowledge in. This would be Mechanical. Finals start next week. my results will be the deciding factor of whether i do civ E or Mech E. either way I am comfortable with either degree. I gotta say I am excited
Appreciate 0