01-17-2013, 08:42 PM   #169
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: white 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike the snake View Post
I saw my first Royal Oak in person yesterday. It was an older rose gold "jumbobo" 39mm simple date model. VERY VERY nice, with the clear back showing the automatic movement.
Royal Oak Offshore, Hublot Big Bang, Patek Nautilus, Jaeger Grande Reverso Duo, all are in the running for my next watch.

I just can't decide!!!! There's SO many!
Lol, you're in trouble

Of those listed, I'd personally go jlc grande reverso duo, Patel nautilus (if money wasn't a concern depending on model) and royal oak jumbo. I personally think the offshore a have been over worked, but still very nice. I just like the subtlety of the jumbo when compared.

I had my hands on a used jumbo with the desire able jlc movement in it, but I just couldn't pull the trigger, the $$$ was on the very limit of what I was willing to spend, and someone had swooped in and picked it up while I was humming and haing. I still have that money in my pocket and am ok with that. Maybe another will cross my path some day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCSU View Post
Two very good points. I really do think the non-chronograph Seamaster "speaks to me", so it will probably be the one I initially go after. I like your suggestion of the Tag Monaco too, for its vintage looks, and it's also kind of cool that Steve McQueen wore one. I'm now thinking of the small collection I'd like to build, which would probably consist of:

Omega Seamaster
Tag Heuer Monaco
Sinn U2
Omega Speedmaster Professional or Tag Heuer Carrera

It will take some time and money to build such a collection, but that's part of the fun.
I like my tag Monaco, it's a fun watch to wear, just make sure you like it on you're wrist. A blue watch on the wrist is neat in the store, but requires a bit more confidence in the real world to wear.

Don't get too into collecting if you can help it. Just think cars and depreciation, money you will not get back. But at least you can get some back in the end, and occasionally (very very rarely) make money on the watch.
Appreciate 0