View Single Post
      11-06-2014, 03:05 PM   #14
JoeFromPA
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '15 AW M3 6MT Stripper

My wife and I go out to pretty serious "foodie" places and we avoid hot spots in city centers. We rarely drink, maybe 1-2 glasses of wine total. We usually split a first course, each get a main course, and split a dessert.

Average bill is $80-120.

Earlier this year I took a group of 10 (including me) out to Picasso at the Bellagio (overlooking the fountains) in Vegas. Fixed price menu, drinks, etc. - it was a business dinner.

We ate for 3 hours, drank about 4-5 bottles of wine, mixed drinks for a few, after dinner drinks for a few, etc.

With tip it was $2,400, so about $240 a person.

That's wowing customers, spending 3 hours at a restaurant that is all about the xperience, and paying the highest premium for the best location etc....and paying a premium for being surrounded by >$100 million in Picasso's work.

But I would never do that on any sort of routine. I have the best food, the best service, and best intimate experience when it's a newer, more focused, more driven restaurant that has their kitchen working together smoothly, their staff engaged, and their prices set to reflect the quality of the ingredients and work.

Just my .02 - and also highly relevant to your location and preferences.