View Single Post
      12-03-2023, 12:03 PM   #140
BMWILUVU
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 340ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
I’d say Michigan, Washington, FSU and Texas in that order.

FSU isn’t the same team without Travis, but they are still good and win games with second and third string QBs. I hate them but they managed to get through the season undefeated, which is no small feat (even with some help from the refs).

Texas beat Bama so that is straight forward to me. Both teams got better as the season went on, but head to head wins need to matter, or why bother playing.

UGA and Ohio State shouldn’t even be in the discussion.
Agree with FSU, I'm not a fan but as an undefeated power5 team its wrong to have left them out.

From a deserving POV as to accomplishments, the 4 teams should have been:
Michigan, Washington, Florida State, Alabama (based on strength of schedule)

On the other hand from a power perspective, FSU would have a low chance of escaping round 1 and Texas has a better chance so the committee did right from that perspective.

UGA and Ohio State shouldn’t be in the discussion because there are no slots and they did not win their conference. Otherwise, Georgia has the ability to run the table honestly. Just saying.

After this year the mess get cleared up a little better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3WC View Post
Problem is Texas is also a conf champ, with one of best wins all season at Bama. Out of all the power 5 conf, the ACC looked the weakest this year.

The committee does have a guideline they can use as an out, availability of players. FSU is not the same team without Travis. There isn't a team in top ten they could beat right now. Feel bad for FSU fans, even if they get in they have no chance. That injury was brutal.
Bama week 1 is not the same team as the current. Which is why its fools gold to participate in these challenging scrimmages week 1.
Appreciate 1
RickFLM411000.00