11-20-2014, 08:45 PM   #430
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmanH2 View Post
So is there a reputable online store where they sell these top notch replicas? I wouldn't mind buying one if the price is right.
I have no idea. I can tell you where to go in Luohu to buy high quality fakes. If you want something like the fakes that aren't technically fake, I'd suggest you check out Parnis. Expect to pay ~$100 for one. (That sucks of course because in the PRC they run ~$15 -$20...less if you are Chinese and haggle well.)

Parnis basically are the fake watches, but having non-IP violating brand names on the dial. From what I've seen, they are made in the same place, by the same people. All that's different, AFAIK, is that sometimes the worker reaches into the bin that has Rolex, Panerai, et al dials, and other times s/he reaches into the bin having Parnis dials.

Off Topic:
I went to get you a link for the Luohu center and see that it's popularity has increased to the point it has a Wikipedia entry: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luohu_Commercial_City .

If you are going to visit Hong Kong, you should absolutely get a visa to visit the PRC too. Shenzhen is literally visible from Hong Kong and there's far more to see in the PRC overall than there is to see in Hong Kong. Plus the PRC is very inexpensive for Westerners.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0