View Single Post
      08-25-2014, 05:51 AM   #98
Tonifyd
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 JB E90M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by raisemyrent View Post
I don't like Hamilton. He's had more than a few over-the-top comments/moments through the years. I think he is really talented (did anyone see his lap in a reasonably priced car?), but he's not consistent enough mentally, in my opinion.

I forgot his car was damaged. Good point. But I really don't think Rosberg steered into Hamilton on purpose (the car does give him a kick as he almost outbreaks himself, though).
You need to watch the footage again. Watch Sky F1's replays and analysis. It clearly shows ROS turning into HAM with a sharp right turn of the wheel in the middle of the apex. That's what you call intentional.

Hamilton came out of the team meeting stating ROS pretty much did it on purpose. Wolf said that HAM's statement was pretty much true.

This not only increases my dislike for ROS, but also admits he must be a genius - think Monaco - incidents that were technically legal but played out in favor of ROS.

Did anyone see Martin Brundle's segment of how the angle that ROS clipped HAM will result in a 90% chance of a puncture and only a slightly damaged front wing?

It seemed to be a calculated risk. Sure you'll lose out to RIC and won't win the race, but 18 points is comparatively better than 0 points for HAM, and RIC can still win the race but be miles behind ROS in the championship. These incidents remind me of MSC intentionally parking the car to win the championship as well as Senna and Prost colliding intentionally to secure the championship.

There are now rumors that HAM might even quit Mercedes. That's what happens when the team gets rid of Ross Brawn, pretty much the main reason why HAM joined Mercedes to begin with.