United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 335xi, '18 X1, '21 M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris14031 View Post
Hello all!

So my questions are:

Has anybody gone through this process before? Having the BMW dealership purchase a car for you from another dealership?

Is there an extra fee for them doing this? Would I have to pay the asking price + a transpiration fee of some sort? Is there any negotiation on the vehicle price when doing this method?

And lastly, does this sound like a crazy thing to do? (lol). I know it sounds crazy, but if I am making a purchase that I hope to have for a very long time I want to have no regrets and get the option combination I want. If the vehicle is not as expected condition-wise, can I back out of it? Or am I locked in to completing the purchase?

Thank you all in advance for your answers/comments/suggestions! Everything is appreciated~ Have a good night!
-Chris
1. The dealership will typically add an acquisition and transportation fee to the asking price. If the dealerships are owned by the same corporation, then they may waive these fees, as it could be handled as an inventory transfer, depending on the paperwork.
2. You can always back out of buying a car if it doesn't check out.
3. The local dealership will do any CPO service work regardless where you bought the car.

If you find the car you like from another BMW dealership, you should consider just working with them directly to close the deal. Other people on this forum have traveled to purchase/pick up their car. I did a 300 mile drive to pick up my car and enjoyed the drive back thoroughly.

Good luck with your purchase!
Appreciate 0