View Single Post
      06-17-2022, 03:48 PM   #1
414bhp
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, CTS-V, AMG GT S, Tesla

Question Anyone else have an EV in the garage?

Do any of you guys have an electric vehicle in the garage alongside your M3? If you do, which model is it and how to you like it?

My wife and I bought a Tesla Model 3 a few years ago. Even though I love the manual CTS-V that's "my car" and replaced our E90 M3, I find myself taking her Tesla more frequently that the V. Some of it is wanting to keep miles off my V, but it's equally true that the Model 3 is quieter and more calming thanks to its electric powertrain. I also really like the "self driving" Level 2 cruise control on long highway trips.

Don't get me wrong, my gas-guzzling manual wagon is a keeper and the Model 3 isn't, but sometimes I just want a nice appliance.

Up until last month, the Model 3 was my favorite EV. It's surprisingly practical considering its size, and it's decent enough on a twisty road. But then I tried a Tesla Model Y SUV ( my review is here ) and found that most of my complaints with the Model 3 -- bad blind spots on the A-pillars, stiff ride, noisy highway ride -- were resolved with the Model Y. So now I have a new favorite EV...at least until I try a Porsche Taycan or Audi e-tron GT! 😂

I'd love to hear what you drive when you just want an appliance!

Best,
Mike

My Model 3

And the Model Y which looks nearly the same!