E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by johanness View Post
Vettel needs no defending. He's well on his way to become THE greatest driver of all time. Whether an opinionated armchair-jockey believes it or not is irrelevant.

We're actually lucky to witness this history-in-the-making unfold right before our eyes. I'll bump this thread in another 4 years for a comedic lookback to the nay-saying. The same brilliant minds that said he couldn't pass, can only win from the front, bla bla bla.

Credit where credit is due.
I agree as a non-Vettel fan!

Why does Vettel need to "prove himself"? A four time champions speaks for itself.

If he can win from pole, why not? that's what qualifying is for. Do the fastest lap to your advantage on Sunday afternoon. 99.9% of drivers would prefer to win from pole if they can.

If some viewers wants proof. Just look at last season, he had to start from the back several times (Abu Dhabi, Brazil). Button did it in 2009 and we called it a "championship drive". Then we apply the same logic to Vettel last year, that's also a worthy championship drive.

Personally I don't like how Vettel dominates the field and make racing seems boring. But again, credits to all RBR staff and Vettel for a 4x double champion. That was some amazing achievements!!!

It is not RBR or Vettel's fault to make the best of their equipment and go fast. Its other teams who tripped themselves on the foot and not able to consistently challenge RBR.

Just because they dominate, and we cannot be fair to them? RBR got serious and start winning, what's the problem?