View Single Post
      06-22-2012, 04:49 PM   #549
GoingTooFast
Banned
Rep
Drives: fat cars are still boats
Location: compensating a fat car with horsepower is like giving an alcoholic cocaine to sober him up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
I have, my Miata spun the #4 main bearing at 22k miles, my M Coupe gave me no trouble for 147k miles.
Funny you've mentioned the bearings... because weak rod bearings was a VERY known issue with the S54 engine found in the M3, Z3 M and M Coupe.

Like with the Toyobaru I know it's a LOT easier to drive hard and push the engine to its limits in a Miata than in the M Coupe... and that's a good thing!

I'm not able to drive my 1M at WOT often because I don't have enough skills and yet the car still goes sideways.

Anyway, Toyota is more reliable than Mazda I reckon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
VW has been building a DI/Port injected engine in Europe for a few years now, and the new 2.0T is supposed to use it over here soon.
No. It was only introduced this year...

The new 1.8L TFSI engine from Audi

Quote:
In order to comply with the future Euro 6 emissions standard, Audi has for the first time developed a dual fuel injection system with FSI and MPI injection. The ability to freely select the injection mode means that particulate emissions can be reduced significantly across wide map ranges and consumption can also be cut.

Last edited by GoingTooFast; 06-22-2012 at 05:24 PM..
Appreciate 0