View Single Post
      08-08-2007, 05:33 PM   #38
JKratty
In Scotch We Trust
Rep
Drives: '69 Chevelle, E90 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by 328ZSP View Post
what do you think of that 18 to 200 vr lens? i was looking at it for a while but i think im going to get a smaller wide angle or macro lens next.
It's fantastic. Wonderful investment and I was lucky enough to get a copy without too long a wait. It all depends on what you're looking for. You listed a wide angle or macro, which are specialty lenses for certain applications. The 18-200vr is an all-around lens that gives you moderate wide angle, and surprising macro ability. It's not going to be 1:1, but it gets pretty darn close.

For the majority of everyday shooting -- with the exception of ultra wide angle, macro, or super telephoto -- it will do everything you need. Sure it's not the fastest and maybe not pro-quality sharpness or bokeh (I'd say 90% of the way there), but for the money, it's just about as good.