View Single Post
      05-20-2008, 06:55 PM   #35
esses
No_Country
Rep
Drives: like I stole it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moff View Post
Last time I checked, Jaguar was 'wholly' owned by Ford. Also, the 1996 XK8 was designed by a Brit - Geoff Lawson (also designed the XJ220). That was then followed by the 2006 XK8 designed by.... yep, another Brit - Ian Callum who is the Design Director at Ford.
The '96 XK8's exterior was penned by Fergus Pollock, the interior by Karen Anderson, and engineer Bob Dover was the project director (and, later, chairman of the board). Lawson was the head of Ford/Jaguar's in-house design team - not specific to the XK. Callum is a Scot, and is probably an American citizen by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeDoc? View Post
Lastly, in terms of American cars...many of them do suck balls. It's a fact! For every Ford GT, there's an F150, for every Ford Focus, there's a f*cking Buick. And so forth. I won't make things worse by linking to his column two weeks ago which was the most hilarious tirade against the USA I've read.
I was with you until you said F150. The one thing American car mfgs can make are trucks (and guns)! :drinking: Nothing better than an F350 dually for towing a 911 RS America to and from the track. :biggrin:

Appreciate 0