09-19-2014, 02:51 PM   #41
Mike_L
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335xi GT M-Sport MPPK

Quote:
Originally Posted by davis449 View Post
Now I'm gonna preface this by saying I previously owned two AWD cars (modded, decently powerful ones) that I very much enjoyed driving. You need to re-think your entire post here in reference to what type of "performance" is desired in relation to whether or not AWD is "required". Just think about it...'cause as it stands right now, from certain aspects, you are entirely wrong and can be easily proven so.
Performance is acceleration, handing and braking. Acceleration is helped by AWD because the power isn't going up in smoke. Handling is helped in the same way, 4 wheels pulling, no rear wheel spin and ridiculous, time hurting drifts. Braking isn't helped as much, though you could say the extra weight on the front of the car helps push the tires into the ground since the weight shifts forward on braking and the front brakes do a lions share of the work. Then you have the intangibles, like confidence. The more confidence you have, the harder you're likely to push the car, and AWD greatly helps with that. Ask anybody who's driven a GT-R.

What part of it is wrong?
Appreciate 0