View Single Post
      04-23-2007, 10:49 PM   #42
94JZA80
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1994 BPU Supra

well i got about half way through this thread when i finally decided to skip to the end and clear up the massive amount of MISinformation i saw in the first half of this thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh49 View Post
I'd say with those two cars, it'd be a drivers race..
first of all, this guy said it best and simplest...but i'll elaborate - a drag race is a driver's race. on a road course/circuit, the Supra will outhandle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post
I think it will be a driver's race honestly..at least in the straight line. If on the twisties, you will leave him way behind. Supra is the import version of Mustang, fast in straight lines, but horrible in the turns.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp Star View Post
I think that if it was a flatout drag race it'd be close, but if the "course" has twists and turns then the race would be won by the 335i, no doubt.
if a Supra is every bit as good as an e46 M3 in the twisties, then it would follow that the MKIV Supra > 335i in the twisties. where do you guys get your logic from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90330iS View Post
I'm sure the 6 speed on the 335i gearing is a huge advantage compared to the ancient 5 speed offered by the Supra more than a decade ago!
the Supra Turbo came with a 6MT. only the non-turbo models came with a 5MT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperM3 View Post
With that heavy(60lb) targa top(standard on turbos) the weight distribution made them quirky.
the targa top does not weigh 60lbs. yes, the Supra Targas had additional frame strengthening steel located high in the chassis, which did add weight and raise the COG, but if i can lift and remove the tagra top myself, it most certainly does not weigh 60lbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperM3 View Post
The automatic supra WAS quicker than the stick ON AVERAGE in the 1/4 mile.
fixed...there are quite a few gifted individuals who can drive their 6MT down the strip just as well as their auto-tranny counterparts.
Appreciate 0