04-12-2007, 11:34 AM   #36
HyperM3
Too many Alex's, from now on, call me Beaufort
United_States
Rep
Drives: See Sig

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyBimmerDude View Post
As far as drivablility, maybe for you being a carsalesman it was heavy and this and that, but to the rest of the world it was amazing. You wont find one article anywhere on the internet that said it wasnt any good.

I've had plenty of Germans and Evo owners drive mine(modded of course) and they fell in love with it. Hell the BLITZ Supra held the record for fastest lap time on the Nurnbergring.

I owned it for 5 years and I've ridden in plenty other cars, so I know what I'm talking about.
Ok, now youre taking me out of context.

It was a GREAT car to drive. I would definitely take a manual over an automatic any day. However, when talking straight line racing(which the OP was) its an automatic race all day long. But yeah, it is still heavy compared to my 3200lb 97 M3.

I was relating that I was a salesman at the time and was able to drive it on a daily basis. I am as much an enthusiast who has been auto-xing and drag racing for over 15 yrs. Secondly, at time time it came out(93) I chose the 300z over the supra because it had more cargo space. Not because it wasnt a fun car to drive.

Stop taking what I said away from the OP's argument of who would win in a race. Straightline.

On a large track, in manual of course, the Supra would probably have it. Plus, you also said it was a Blitz(modified)Supra that has the record. Of course any modified supra is going to be wupass.
07 335i(gone)
Appreciate 0