04-12-2007, 10:35 AM   #31
serge
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 M3 ZCP (Sold) / '06 C6 Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyBimmerDude View Post
Nah bro, it weighs around 3600lbs. Trust me, I have one. It was with the Targa top though, so thats probably the extra weight. Reason being that they made cars differently back then. That engine is cast iron. Heavy heavy
It weighs 3,505 lbs. to be exact. Most of 335s are 3,600+ lbs.; therefore the Supra is around 100lbs. lighter. ('98 model 6-speed)

http://www.**************.com/vehicl...uss092697.html

I agree with you on how people in this thread underestimate sports cars like the Supra. Comments like "it weighs too much", "it can't handle", "the automatic is faster than the 6-speed" or "it has no torque until the bigger turbo kicks in" tells us how misinformed people are. I have the feeling that there're quite a few 335s owners who used to drive underpowered cars before they got their new 335 and now they have this feeling of invincibility caused by the 335s overwhelming torque/power. Guys, there are plenty of cars out there that could blow the doors off of any 335, including Procede ones. This is not the case since we're talking about stock Supras. It should ve a close race, but good luck finding a stock Supra. This car's potential is unlimited and there are plenty of modified Supras out there (I'm not talking about the pathetic 2F2F one) with 700+ hp.
Appreciate 0