10-26-2007, 04:11 PM   #60
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by its ray den View Post
wow. based on your responses, i'd suggest you stay in school, even get an MBA after that.

you're answers show how much you don't know about business and being good at running the business is the skill you need. you may have a passion, and that is great, but passion alone won't make you successful. if you had your own money, you can learn as you go, but you don't have that luxury.

this is what you need.

you need to do some research so you can make a projection of the profitability of your business. even if you lose money in the first few years, if you can show (prove) that in the long run, you have a very good chance of making a money for your investors, that will be good enough. investors want to see the bottom line. they want to know what you're going to do with the money, the potential ROI and the risks involved in your business. if you can't answer these questions in the greatest detail, then no one will have confidence in you and your plan.

so far, you have mistaken your dreams for an actual plan. work on the plan more, and you'll be on your way.

be cool, stay in school.

edit: the other option is to start small. get a small loan, or gather some angel investors. work on something cheaper than an M3 CSL (unless you already started this project, no point in abandoning it). the point is to make money, not to blow away competitors who have been in the business for 10 years. then you'll have REAL DATA to support your projections when you're ready to pitch to bigger investors.
thanks bro and your right i didn't start anything learning from everybodys input here and will develop on it.

i think most people are mistaken but i am still in college to get my MBA no doubt about that. its just if i could start this anytime in the future then im out. but until then im still in

and for the M3 CSL, i love it . $55k on a low milage 06 competition m3, $100k into it and sell for a very small or no profit. just to display it. CSL is one sick car and that is my favorite car in THE WORLD .
Appreciate 0