United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe 6MT N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by gokhanb View Post
same in my car, combox has no bluetooth :/

I am very knowledgeable about this.
Which antenna should I buy?
Which cable and which program is required for coding?
So many questions in my mind

Is the attached bluetooth antenna suitable?
I wasn't aware of any combox multimedia's without Bluetooth. It needs to be VO coded to activate and the antenna itself added if non i-drive.

the blue plug on the bmw stuff is usually always the gps antenna signal. because some cars have the gps antenna plug into the combox, like mine, and the usb, gps, bluetooth phone, bluetooth audio, and all the song info like title, singer, album art, etc over the Fiber Optic cables to the CIC Headunit.

NBT has everything plugged in the back and normal newer things like a built in bluetooth antenna and no need for any external modules like a combox on the newer NBT's which is a major advantage for retrofitting.

But as far as a i remember that will work but you might have to shave the locator tab off the connector bc the stock Bluetooth Cable is the standard purple color. I believe there's actually a Euro Car color code for these cables. that is the correct style end and the right idea. however you might even have a bluetooth antenna if you have the phone prep package or the bluetooth phone calling option or voice guidance option already..

google combox retrofit VO coding and basically add any of the missing features from your car's current option list and only delete something from the VO list if there's a newer/upgraded option being added.
Appreciate 0