Thread: E92/G37 Options
View Single Post
      10-09-2007, 06:42 PM   #69
TwiBlueG35
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 Lexus IS350 Obsidian/Black

I agree 335i coupe drives and runs better than G37. However, as far as the automobile electronics go, hehe, I try not to make you 3-series owners mad, the Japanese are the experts. They are more user friendly, looks better, and more reliable. I-drive is not a good system. No matter how you defend it, it is not as user friendly as the Japanese way-one button equals one function. Sure, you could learn it in like 20 minutes and master it in like two hours if you are smart, but no matter how familiar you are with the system, you just can not do what you want to do as fast as the ones in Lexus, Infiniti, or even a Mazda. For example, in a Japanese car I can set an AM radio station into the "1" button by pressing the "1" button for more than a second and hear the beeps and that's it. But how do you set the station into the BMW's I-Drive? Oh my god it took so many steps. Are they necessary? NO. Now the A-Z alphabets screen of the BMW's navigation system is not in the same page, so you need to flip through pages to pick the alphabets you need, what about the Japanese? All 26 alphabets in the same screen so it is easy to find. Don't deny it when I say touch screen is the most direct way to input stuff, much easier than playing with the twist plus press I-Drive button. I have used 5-series's navigation system, it is a lot of hassle to enter addresses, takes much longer time. My previous car was a 2003 Infiniti G35 sedan, yeah the interior materials are like crap, BUT, its buttons on the steering wheel or center console are very user friendly, very logical. You don't need to read the user manual and know what to do. If you want to repeat a song or a CD disc, you just hit the "repeat" button two or three times, respectively. How hard could it be? I say very easy. I-Drive is not a difficult system to learn, it is very easy to understand and just allow you to do the stuff step by step, like a computer. But I say if you could do one thing by pressing one button, you don't need to do the step by step stuff in the first place, especially when you need to concentrate on driving. Actually the I-Drive in E92 is a modified one and some functions have been simplified already, if you have tried the E60 5-series, you know what the heck is going on.
Appreciate 0