View Single Post
      01-10-2013, 07:31 PM   #11
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 M3C xDrive; '13 e92 M3

Garage List
Mercedes has really stepped up their game in the performance department. They are still the luxurious beauties (imo) that they always have been... but now they have the power and performance to couple with that luxury.

As for this new E63... those numbers are really impressive! And I actually like the front. Looks more CLS to me, and I've loved the CLS from day one. (also if im not mistaken, the E and the CLS share a chasis?). Good looking cars!

I will admit, having driven the 2012 E550 and the 2013 SL550 (parents), they are still the 'muscle car' of the German world - I prefer the handling and steering of my 335is anyday, everyday and trust my BMW in the canyons and on a track much more - but the 'base' models have CRAZY power, I can't even imagine what it would be like to drive an AMG performance model (I've only ever been a passenger in a C63 sedan, and it was like being in a rollercoaster!)

I actually just had my dads car for the day (new SL550) and I pulled a CLEAN 4.7 0-60mph and the car just wanted to keep going - TT V8 with 516lb/ft of torque...... Traction was off, and it wouldn't slip on me unless I pushed it. Handling was still a bit shaky compared to my BMW, and I wouldn't take turns too quickly out of fear of the car biting my head off!
2023 G80 M3 Competition xDrive Isle of Man Green on Kyalami Orange full leather - 826M black wheels - Carbon Fiber Trim - Carbon Bucket Seats - Executive/Driving Assist/Parking Packages - Laserlight - M Shadowline Lights - M Drive Pro - CS Trans/Diff/Steering Coding
2013 E92 M3 Mineral White on Bamboo Beige noviello leather (Base w/ Nav, Comfort Access, Lighting Pack) - DINAN Stage 1 and Free Flow Axle-Back Exhaust

Last edited by SaMaster14; 01-10-2013 at 07:40 PM..
Appreciate 0