View Single Post
      09-24-2014, 08:42 PM   #88
Liberation
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinim3 View Post
I'd hardly call the RS5 "crap". It's one of the most misunderstood/underrated cars I've ever seen just because some review sites don't like a car that doesn't kick its tail out for them to show cool videos in.

Pro race car driver, Randy Pobst on the other hand seems to get it:

"Given how high Randy was on the 507, we figured the less powerful, heavier RS 5 had no shot. We couldn't have been more wrong. Posting a best lap of 1:42.97, it was 0.48 second quicker, but Randy's comments suggested more like 4.8 seconds. "The R8 should be half this good! This car is fantastic. I adore it. It does such a great job utilizing all-wheel-drive traction off the corner, with zero push. You just drive in there and you think it's too early, but you just floor it and you're like, man, I should've gotten on the gas sooner. And no push, no oversteer -- it just drives right out of there, beautifully carving an exit line, using all the power. The gearbox is also very friendly. I just got more confident with carrying speed in and trusting the grip."

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...n/viewall.html
Man...you know how it can get over here. Audi's and especially the RS5 is junk and not worthy to be mentioned in the same conversation as a BMW.

The RS5 is a phenomenal car! Especially, as an everyday car. I absolutely love mine and all the nonsense that is spewed about it here couldn't be further from the truth!
Appreciate 0