06-09-2014, 07:53 PM   #40
Seminole
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Red Flyer

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [7.00]
It depends on what job you are going for. I'm not going to hire an engineer with no degree or certification.

I went to a state school for accounting (easy to guess which one by my username) and tuition now is around $6,500 per year which is almost $2k higher compared to when I was there. Still, you can get a four year degree for only $26k. Plus in Florida any high school graduate who has a certain GPA/SAT score can get a 75% or 100% scholarship sponsored by the state.

I went straight for my Masters after undergrad and it was only $11k for the one year program.

I graduated in 5 years with a BS and MS for only $6k out of pocket. Nobody here can tell me that it doesn't make sense to get two degrees for that little amount of money. College is an investment and you have to look at it like that. Basically, does it make sense to give up 4 or 5 years to go to school for a degree like marketing if you are already a successful salesman and it means you have to give up your $60k a year job. If a degree doesn't add value then don't do it. The problem is a lot of high school grads don't think about the future implications of their degrees and just and just take some random subject in order to go party for four years at some private school that is $40k per year. In the end they get a job in a field that has nothing to do with their degree and they are saddled with debt. That's a shame and we need to do a better job of educating those kids in high school about their options.

Last edited by Seminole; 06-09-2014 at 08:46 PM..
Appreciate 0