View Single Post
      02-26-2013, 05:44 PM   #27
carve
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM3S View Post
Really is alarming that 3/4 black babies are born to single mothers. I think its not looked at as a negative anymore as more people are dependent on the government and the government loves that kind of stuff. The black community certainly doesnt care about those numbers. They have bigger priorities like complaining about Super Bowl commercials being racist.

But I think those numbers back up my statement about our culture and its decline. The numbers are increasing for whites and Hispanics too. Although some would say African American culture is different than mainstream American culture. You cant blame poverty for those numbers either since numbers wise there are more whites living in poverty than any other ethnic group.

Another contributing factor to the decline of our culture is the emasculation of the American male. But thats another few paragraphs not worth getting into as I feel like im rambling at this point.
Agreed on all points. I'd wager the broken families are what's keeping black demographics on crime and poverty so bad- it's just a lot easier to blame it on whitey or government policies.

Ditto on the emasculation thing. I was there not so long ago.

That said, if you can't sell it you don't own it. Prostitution should be legal, and I'm fine with women being able to embrace their own sexuality so long as it's not at the expense of their children.

I also disagree with the "good old days". More like seeing the past with rose-tinted glasses. My grandpa on my moms side was and is a great man- he's my role model...but he had his wild days, too. On my dad's side...abusive loser alcoholic who I only met a couple of times. Not many people talk about guys like that though. Statistically, we have a more peaceful and egalitarian society now- I'm just afraid of the irresponsible and litigious sides taking over soon.
Appreciate 0