07-30-2014, 09:20 AM   #11
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevJ View Post
The new Range Rovers are really starting to growing on me. Congrats on the pickup and nice pictures!
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
Excellent. Happy to see a RR in its natural habitat. Congrats on the beautiful machine and props for utilizing it.
We saw a TON of jeeps, but only 2 range rovers, and they both waved at me. Of course this was around Telluride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
Awesome pictures, truck looks amazing!
Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrsbmw View Post
Sweet, been to most of the places you mentioned. Did you ride the train up to Silverton? I like camping in the San Juan Forest. I think my wife and I may do the same thing in the new Cayenne (it's on the things you recently bought thread or in the M5 forum if curious). I like the look of the Range Rover.
My first time visiting the most beautiful part of Colorado; will do again! We didn't ride the train, my father has ridden the train several times, so we side stepped it and went looking for the trails, ghost towns, etc... Congrats on the Cayenne! Looks awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwando View Post
Awesome pictures worthy of being printed. I like the look of the full size range rover more but this this is much better than its predecessor.
Thanks, its funny to me that before getting this i though the 2013 RRS was so hot looking. Now it kind of looks old...but still hot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock View Post
nice did you really have to cross that stream or did you just want to?
sabbatical from OT?
You can see the bridge in the background.

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
Was it for mentioning the unmentionable?

Sweet truck btw..
Thanks, not for mentioning....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinbahnz View Post
Nice car, the pictures look like they're from the catalog . and welcome back
Thanks, my local LR dealer tells me they have many of them on their Facebook page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Am curious for the rationale behind the forced sabbatical....but anyways, we have a Land Rover and are really liking it as well. Congrats on the RR - looks great!

We went on the RR experience in Montebello Quebec - I was amazed at what these things are capable of off road. And we weren't even on the difficult course. We took out an RR supercharged too for that - it was a little odd going through the forest with big trees literally inches from each side on a truck that costs around $100K. Did you get a free coupon to do this with your purchase?
I posted a picture of one of those things you take camping with you. It helps you make wood into usable items, shortens rope, splits fabric into multiple pieces, it even will help you start a fire. I also posted a picture of a custom plastic container for storing it when not in use.

I think that all LR vehicles are capable of so much more than most are aware of. There is a friend of mine who has a 79 bronco on 40" tires. He goes out to this mud bog where people go and actually pay money to run around through their mud pit. He said there is a RR that shows up about once a month with 22" wheels and drops right into the mud and just slowly crawls through it, with street tires no less. The same mud where many mud trucks get stuck. They really have done an amazing job with the traction control.

It's funny because 3 days after getting back from our trip, i got an email from LR inviting me to their Great Divide adventure which is a 9 day trip that visited some of the same trails, towns, and even hotels we visited and stayed at. It's a steal at $13,000 per couple.