View Single Post
      11-25-2012, 11:36 PM   #126
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
My feeling is the championship in the making, you have the right equipment, right team, right circumstances, and make sure you maximize it to the most and make sure you don't set a foot wrong. And hope no mechanical failure this season.
Which we saw a lot from Red Bull and McLaren.

There's no simple argument that you put a dummy in a RB8 and he will win WDC. Otherwise Webbo would've won it already.

I think what make the difference this season was the will to win. What Alonso did was like "ok...i got 15 points, good...let's not take the risk" (nor he has the car to match the final pace). And his qualifying never really got him in trouble and always in Q3 somewhere, take minimal risk and gain a few positions then settle for the checker flag.

What vettel shines this year was the will to win. Several times he cocked up a bit here and there. Also by reliability problem. You never hear vettel or his engineer saying, "that's good enough" until last lap in Brazil. If he is in P3, he wants to be in P2 or more. Pushing himself or the team to get creative and make it happen.

I think that sets the difference in race approach this season.
Perhaps Alonso already lost out when he and ferrari never push that hard to win again after the German GP.