View Single Post
      08-15-2014, 10:45 AM   #4404
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Hyundai Nissan

Intl' finance will prob f us. The excessive MS coming from foreign country would one one of the bubble. Let's just look at the extreme case scenerio.
Extreme case would be if countries drop USD for oil would be one. It will flood the dollar back into our country PLUS all the crap we printed out.... lol

However, more immediate and realistic ones I see right now are:

-shift in sector/funds. High betas down, defensive goes up. We've almost reached relative maximum.
-Retail sector gets hit consecutively (happening for past 3trading days). Just look at DDS, M, JCP, WMT, TGT, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Venom View Post
Knowing you, I'm sure if you just traded for an extra week or two you could afford the M3 as well.

I think this is extremely bearish news.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-0...reasuries.html
U.S. Investment Outflow Reaches Record as China Sells Treasuries
By Kasia Klimasinska Aug 15, 2014 8:00 AM CT
1 Comment Email Print

Facebook
Twitter
Google+
LinkedIn

Save

The U.S. posted a record cross-border investment outflow in June as China and Japan, the two top foreign holders of Treasuries, sold U.S. debt.

The total net outflow of U.S. securities and banking transfers was $153.5 billion, after an inflow of $33.1 billion the previous month, the Treasury Department said in a report today.

China’s holdings of U.S. Treasuries declined by $2.5 billion to $1.27 trillion, while Japanese holdings dropped $600 million to $1.22 trillion, according to Treasury report today. Holdings in Belgium climbed to $364.1 billion, the report showed.

Investors in Treasuries lost 0.1 percent in June, according to Bloomberg World Bond (BUSY) Indexes. The Bloomberg U.S. Dollar Index, a gauge of the greenback’s value against 10 major currencies weighted by liquidity and trade flows, lost 0.7 percent in June.

To contact the reporter on this story: Kasia Klimasinska in Washington at kklimasinska@bloomberg.net

To contact the editors responsible for this story: Chris Wellisz at cwellisz@bloomberg.net Brendan Murray, Mark Rohner

Soros has also built up a record high SPY put position.
Appreciate 0