10-25-2014, 03:09 PM   #14
SSW
I Can't Drive 55
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i (E90)

Garage List
Standing by for Game 4.

Same line-up as last night for KC, which worked well for them. Change in lineup for SF - Pence to 4th, Pablo to 5th and Perez in for Ishikawa (apparently for defensive reasons. Word is that Vargas, like Bum, can hit. So, the edge in hitting is diminished especially since Dyson got a hit last night.

Hoping for a good performance from Vogelsong but not optimistic about that. Only saving grace is that Petit should come up behind him but, if V gives up too many runs, the Giants are done even if Petit pitches another shutout for 3 innings unless they can score runs to lead going into the 6th/7th.

Probably won't see Herrera in the 6th/7th again tonight because he's pitched so much already but if Finnegan comes in instead that's a no sum gain for the Giants given what Finnegan did last night. Defense has been good on both sides, so unless the Giants can hit the ball where they're not, it will be difficult for them to score any runs.

Really comes down to the Giants hitting and KC's starter -- Vargas. If the Giants can get some runs against him early, we should have a chance. If not, it looks doubtful that the Giants can take the series. Not impossible, but highly doubtful if they go down 3-1, even if they win Game 5. We'll see . . .

Last edited by SSW; 10-25-2014 at 08:19 PM..
Appreciate 0