View Single Post
      03-22-2007, 09:42 AM   #26
mesier1111
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe, titanium

Wow, M owns you, I'm sorry you had to deal with something like that, no one should have to.

I have read everyone's posts, and some things I agree with, some I don't. The one thing I have come to learn is my testosterone begs me to go fast, it also hates when someone wants to race and I decline, or lose the race if I accept. However, the one thing I learned from my buddy who owns an E46 M3 is that having certain cars makes you a target for others---they want to prove that there car is faster than yours. If you own a civic, no one cares about beating you, but if you own a car known to be one of the kings of the road, everyone wants to challenge you. As a result I think those of us who are lucky enough to own the M3s, M5s, M6s, and now it appears the 335is----cars that everyone reads about and know to be VERY fast---we have to take the responsibility to allow people to race off into the distance and let them race themselves. Rather walk away letting the other guy brag about you not wanting to race, rather than walking away to someone's funeral. We all know what our cars can do, and we all know racing is FUN. But we also know that the only way to avoid killing someone else for our FUN is to do it in a setting where everyone voluntarily takes on the risk: a sanctioned track. Even the best drivers make mistakes.

Just MHO, and I am not criticizing those who disagree.
Appreciate 0