View Single Post
      09-07-2012, 01:03 PM   #23
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublevanosrc View Post
The Brand has already been diluted, case in point. This past Saturday I was at my local dealer getting my inspection done, for a moment I wandered to the sales dept and it was booming. Everyone was drooling over the new X1, a fine vehicle indeed but c'mon let's be real it's no Ultimate Driving Machine. BMW has take the brand to a level never seen before, way up there with Apple and such. I understand it has to do that to stay in business, it cannot live off the enthusiasts alone there are just not enough of us to keep them in business. Personally I don't mine that as long as they keep churning out great driver's cars like the 1 and 3 series. I have already given up on all the other models, like the 5 and 7 series. Those have gone into the luxury segment and won't come back to the driver's arena for the foreseeable future, and I'm fine with that. I can't afford them anyways and they're too big for my taste. As long as BMW provides a 2 or 3 models that carry "the Ultimate Driving Machine" slogan into the future, they'll be fine. Of course they have to be offer decent power, be rwd, 3400 Lbs, and offer a manual transmission.
edit

Last edited by paradoxical3; 12-28-2012 at 06:01 PM..
Appreciate 0