09-25-2014, 08:17 PM   #4488
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Hyundai Nissan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonn View Post
Well I asked questions both on this forum (e90post) and on 6speed.

The 6speed fellas were much more helpful. If anyone else is new to the market take a look here. There may be some information to help you.

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...ase-buy-3.html
Jasonn, Talking to Financial advisor or CFP is just one of the objective investment.
I know you are smart guy. I would use every single education you had since K-12 to graduate school to apply ALL the knowledge + tool you can on the market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzy View Post
Had a feeling this downtrend would occur. I'm down about 9% of my overall portfolio valuation...in the span of a week. I got hit hard.

The Canadian market is pretty shit in terms of diversity in industries and sectors. My portfolio primarily consists of basic materials like gold/silver and REIT's, with some oil sand stock thrown in.

No point in me selling off at this low so I will hold and ride it out. No choice. I don't need to pull out at a sub 10% loss. Hell no.
I liquidated everything 2days ago, except AMD. (if you recall AMD for AMG) LOL. Glad that I saw this coming, but I still have SOME faith in AMD.

I am down -4% on AMD, and I am starting to see further downward trend.
Tomorrow will be the key day for me. Either I buy PUT to cover, or CALL for mid OCT AMD POP prior to earnings. Or I can straddle, and get rid of one each at near relative max/min point.

(my orig plan was to buy call)

I initially thought this is just the left shoulder. After looking at volume and running some crap again, it "MIGHT" be the head with short neckline.
WHO KNOWS....