Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai of 2day View Post
Many of you brought up soon excelling points, so I'll just add one more.

- Be courteous to other drivers and realize that we all share the road so you running 5 mins late, or that tweet is not more important that everyone else commuting at the same time the distracted or selfish driver we are all so familiar with.
I agree but.... in knowing where everyone is and observing their behavior you know quickly who are the asshole drivers pulling stunts. I make sure to protect myself and not allow them room to pull a stunt on me. I don’t mean road rage stuff at the last minute. I mean I know what they are going to do before they know so I just close the gap. I am always courteous. I let people merge in, I move over, I oncoming traffic make lefts in front of me.
Definitely!

Years of experience helps with the anticipation of normal and abnormal driver behavior and traffic patterns.

Have to practice those habits even moreso when using the bike for commuting. I agree with the analogy you used by comparing driving to playing chess... constantly planning your next few moves and escapes by anticipating the moves of others based on traffic patterns and road conditions at any given time