Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myriad View Post
Yeah like I said I've been shooting for ~2100 calories or so, with hitting 160 protein and 80 fat on my macros (1g/pd and .5g/pd respectively), although I only started paying attention to the macros this week because I didn't realize how important they were before, so that probably wasn't helping my case. I was eating too many carbs (I do eat mostly complex carbs though) and not enough protein before I think which might have hurt my cut. According to the equation I used my BMR was 1974 and I gave myself a TEF of 1.4 since I desk jockey besides on the weekends and when I go to the gym 4 days a week on average I would say. That set me at 2764 calories total, so i'm cutting about 600. I guess I'll get on the scale next time I go to the gym, try to drop another two pounds, and then start bulking again. I'm not really sure how much mass I am losing because my physique wasn't great to begin with, I can only bench 115 as my top set (10 reps) so I'm not really built. Does that all sound reasonable to you (and anyone else reading)? I think I really started cutting the week after New Years, and I've dropped 4 or 5 pounds since then. Can def see it in the mirror, but there's still more to lose too.
I think that's fine. Make sure you come up with a good maintenance plan too once you lose those last couple of pounds. Unless you want to start bulking again right away. You can do it, but you might gain some fat during the bulking phase. During the summer I usually cut before it starts then try to maintain, during winter I'll be a little more relaxed with my body fat percentage since my shirt doesn't come off in public very much, haha...