Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i coupe Black AUTO

Garage List
2007 335I SEDAN  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hl0m4n View Post
lately i have been thinking about investing some of my money. i read an interesting article at barns and nobles in a magazine about investing in a dynojet and how it can benefit which gave me an idea.

if you get a dynojet, there is no need for you to own a shop. you can ask tuning shops for space, pay rent, and do your work there. you can even go to the the local oil change places or tire shops, speak with owner about renting space, etc.

like it stated in the magazine once you paid off the dynojet and that thing is yours thats where the real money starts comming. it all comes down to pricing and how you market yourself.

im thinking about the 424x with accessories such as anlog, boost, enviormental module for temp and humidity to run SAE, etc.

the only question i have that wasn't listed in the magazine is people don't dyno car everyday do they? can you really get that many people in the tristate area (mainly NY, NJ and part CT) to pay for it? are there so many evos, subies, bmw and car enthusiasts that are with the right price going to make appoints?

but i really thought about the magazine and it had some sucess stories as well. everyone agreed that after paid off its an amazing investement. most are now retired but still own the dynojet and are making money on the side.

im not saying im going to do this but i am looking into it. what do you guys think?

you need to have a auto shop and place that allow you to have dyno machine. Dyno machine can be very loud .. your neighbor might not like it. YOu need to check with your city about it. They might not approve it. i tried to have my own shop back my garage. just a hydralic lift .. city of Alhambra did not approve my application

some people say it cost about 50K some people say it cost about 100K to install

here what it come with: on Model 224xLC Quick Features

PACKAGE INCLUDES Measures up to 1500 + hp and 200mph
Dynamometer Chassis (drums, shaft, bearings, etc.)
Eddy Current Load Absorption Unit, Torque Cell, and dynamic load control software. Perform loaded tests, including step, sweep, and wind drag simulation.
WinPEP7 Software and Hardware to interface (PC, printer, etc. not included)
Automatic Conditions Measurement (absolute pressure, air temp, humidity)
Ignition Wire Inductive Tachometer Pickup Leads
Auto Tie Down Package (straps, ratchets and ground hooks)
Wheel Chocks
Air Actuated Brake System
Remote Software and Brake Control From Driver's Seat
Installation, operation manuals and software tutorial
One year replacement parts warranty