View Single Post
      02-12-2008, 11:35 PM   #10
AndrewAZ
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Dell and Sony are plain shit. HP boards on that line..

Here is a story about going to college an laptop choice, right now we are all in our 3 1/2 year in.
3 of my buddies listened to me at the start of college and bought powerbooks, all 3 of still have our computers and have had no trouble at all. One of my buddies that went dell it lasted 8 months before the HD died and he lost all his data, they sent him a new HD to install himself... I had to do it for him and I dont know how an average none computer type person could do it by themselves, it later died again and then the graphics card would randomly decide to start or not, ended up buying a macbook just recently. Another friend of mine bought a Dell but bought a cheap one and was forced to upgrade in 2 years ended up spending a total of $2,600 and still has a slower laptop than my 3 1/2 year old powerbook which cost less than that. I had another friend with an HP which the HD failed but HP made him send it in to get fixed.. Ended up taking 3 weeks for it to get fixed, other than that still running. I know 2 people who bought sony vaio's both lasted about 1 1/2-2 years before having to be replaced with thinkpads. I know 4 people with thinkpads and all have been solid, one person even spilled a coke on the keyboard and sent it in to get fixed and was not charged..

So anything form Lenovo is solid I would stay away form anything besides that or an Apple. One thing about apple is when you have a problem you can go to the store and speak to an english speaking person in person and get help, they will also teach you how to use OS X if your new to it and answer just about any question you have.
Appreciate 0