View Single Post
      09-25-2014, 01:18 PM   #10
TSM330i
2006 330i, TSM, Black, manual, sport
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 C2, GTI, Z4 3.0si Racecar

Okay, just stop the debate about the tires already. If you want to read plenty of back-and-forths about the tires, go to the C&D Lightning Lap thread. It's been beaten to death and back again. There is another test out there that compares the R-comps of the Pirelli's comparing to the Goodyears from the 1LE (which are much smaller than the Pirelli's) and the Z/28 still performed VERY well. It's a complete package, not just tires.

This comparison is NOT only about the track. It's how it gets down a country road as well. I read the entire article and MT stated that the suspension on the Z/28 is far superior to most anything else.

MT quote:"Most important, you feel the superior engineering in how the car responds to inputs both internal and external. From within, the car reacts immediately and precisely to your commands but doesn't punish you for minor mistakes. From the outside, the Z/28's suspension attacks bumps and dips with an unbridled passion for keeping the tires on the pavement. Yes, the ride is very stiff and you feel every one of those bumps, but they don't unsettle the car and they don't test your nerve. Says Lieberman vis-à-vis bumps, "One and done." In fact, it feels as though the car is bowling right through the bumps and actively flattening the road as it goes, as if the car is punishing the road for punishing you.
Appreciate 0