Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [5.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [6.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DadzM4 View Post
Any idea why some of the cars (like the EAS) car have the extra parking sensor next to the camera on the front bumper? it seems like most do not have the sensor right next to the camera but some do. Mine doesn't. I have the Executive package and all other options except 19 inch wheels.

Was it maybe the earlier cars had the parking sensors right next to the camera like that and then they stopped?
akbm3 brought this up in an earlier post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by akbm3 View Post
Does anyone know the part number for the M4 Euro-spec front bumper with headlight washers and PDC sensors?

The Bunwick VDC replaced the front bumper on a my M4 with a version with different PDC sensor locations for the two front center sensors which prevent the mounting of my euro-delivery license plate. In addition, the VDC did a pretty poor job of mounting the new bumper as one of the headlight washer caps and two PDC senors are not flush with the rest of the bumper. As such, I am working with my dealer and requested that they replace the bumper with the original bumper design that has the front center PDC sensors in the lower and further apart, or better yet, a euro-spec bumper that does not have the US-mandated orange reflectors.

Below are three photos.
- The 1st shot is the VDC installed bumper currently on my car - note the location of the PDC sensors
- The second shot is of the front bumper on Bokke's Silverstone M4 - note that the front center PDC sensors are located lower and further apart on the bumper - same as the original bumper on my car when I took delivery at the Welt and every other M4 that I have seen
- The third shot is headlight washer cap that is not flush with the bumper

To be honest, really haven't paid much attention to the location of the sensors, but should be able to go back on our Flickr feed and see if there are any discrepancies.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0