View Single Post
      08-15-2014, 02:36 PM   #69
MiamiE93Vert
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 Convertible

(this advice is coming from someone who has been married almost 16 years, for context).

When you find yourself deep into a funk over her try to take a step back and put it into context. Since you are young, you just gained independence and freedom over what was comfortable. I love my wife and kids, but I sometimes miss the days where I was accountable to no one. Even if it was just me tomorrow it would not be the same. You may not realize it, but you have extreme leverage over the girls; their biological clock is ticking and they will start to get mounting pressure to get married and have kids, you don't have the same timeframe. Cherish this time in your life, you won't get it back.

You didn't waste your time, no relationship is a waste of time. You each learned something from each other (what you liked or didn't like) that will benefit you in future relationships. Relationships are as much about timing and being open to the experience as it is about compatibility, and you are lucky, you have the internet to expand your net of women who are open to the experience whenever you feel like dating again.

One last point is think about what you really miss from the relationship. Likely, it was as much about how you felt about yourself when you were with her than anything she did in real life. That is the "habit" of the relationship, not her actual presence. Work to change you habit of living from a life of a relationship to a life of a free, single young man with leverage. Because it is a habit, this is what takes the most amount of work to change.

AA Pulley, Air Filter and Tune - Full Evolve Valvetronic Exhaust - 380/355 Stoptech BBK, BBS FI's and other fun stuff.
Appreciate 0