View Single Post
      11-14-2013, 12:53 AM   #324
Nate4641
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 M Roadster

Garage List
So a week later both humidors are only sitting at around 50-52% RH. After talking to some people on a cigar forum my next step is to re-season my humidors and try to bring the cigars back in a seperate container. It was recomended to use Bovida packs to get more accurate RH around the cigars and the 84% packs to season the humidor. I had tried wiping the first humidor I got and it ended up warping the wood so I'm going to avoid that method and try these packs out. Unfortunately it takes 2-3 weeks for mail to get here so its going to be awhile before I see results. For the cigars I'm trying the 69% packs and putting them in a clear tupperware container so I can keep an eye on the hygrometer.

I also had an idea recently for a custom humidor. I like the idea of ones with trays that can be taken out so you can seperate different brands and avoid flavors mixing. Something I have yet to see is a humidor design that works like a fishing tackle box or a make up case with multiple trays stacked on top of eachother that extend up and out. Like this: