01-17-2013, 03:58 PM   #125
Vic311
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z06Driver View Post
Get your facts straight....Corvettes are mid engine...just cause it's not in the back does not mean it is not.
+1 mounted behind the front axle qualifies as mid engine and the trans being in the back further optimizes weight distribution

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike the snake View Post
Technically, you may be correct, but as far as I'm concerned, Corvette=front, Porsche 911=rear, then there's all the mid-engined cars =914, lots of Ferraris, MR2, Panteras, Ford GT and GT40, most Supercars, all with the standard mid-engined configuration. All have joined engine/transaxle arrangements.

Corvette has engine in front with transaxle in back. I enterptret engine behind driver to be=mid engined. Cars like the Viper and Corvette I consider front engined.

Cars like the DTM cars may also technically be mid-engined but I still view them as front engined cars with the engine moved really far back.

So, I guess was saying I wished GM would make a mid engined car with the engine behind the driver.
Doesn't matter how you interpret it, the definition is simple... engines mounted in between the front and rear axles are considered a mid-engine design.. It doesnt matter if its oriented towards the front vs the rear..lol
Appreciate 0