12-14-2009, 06:32 PM   #33
kabalm18
My car drones and I LOVE IT!!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M & F10 535xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iheLLraiseR View Post
all this undefeated shit was orchestrated by the NFL to drum up ratings and hype for the super bowl. they pulled some strings with that ridiculous algorithm that supposedly does the schedules.
1. I don't think the NFL needs to drum up ratings and hype for the Super Bowl.

2. You have no idea how the scheduling works, do you? OK, I will explain for you and anyone else who doesn't know by using the undefeated Colt's schedule as an example.

The Colts are in the AFC South division so they will play the other 3 teams(the Jags, Texans and Titans) twice. Each team will host one of the games. This year it was the Colt's turn to play the teams in the NFC West and AFC East. They also go up against one team from the AFC West(Broncos) and one from the AFC North(Ravens) because these two teams finished 2nd, like the Colts, in their divisions last year.

So, going into this season the Colts were scheduled to play the 13-3 Titans twice, not to mention the rest of the division that has been very tough for the last 4 years or so. The Dolphins, who won their division last year and the Patriots who went 11-5 without Brady. The Arizona Cardinals, did you know they went to the Super Bowl last year? The Ravens and Broncos who always do well.

This doesn't look like a schedule that was set up to ensure that the Colts go undefeated. At least I don't think it does. Plus, the season isn't over. Hopefully, Caldwell doesn't rest too many starters!

Next year we play:

HOME.............................................. ....AWAY
Kansas City Chiefs...................................Denver Broncos
San Diego Chargers..................................Oakland Raiders
Dallas Cowboys........................................Phi ladelphia Eagles
New York Giants.......................................Washi ngton Redskins

AFC West, NFC East, AFC South, and the winners of AFC Central and AFC East. (Probably Bengals and Patriots.)
Appreciate 0